Saturday, January 06, 2007

What job?!

I have finally started being active in the job-hunt, and the first few days were uneventful and I was about ready to fall into a deep dark depression that no one would want to hire me and all I was good for was the cubicle hell that I call data entry. (I was feeling a bit over-dramatic...do not judge, you have your moments as well! : ) Then towards the end of this previous week I've started to get offers. Several offers. Now I'm just trying to negotiate hours and pay.

Do I want to teach? Do I want to be a chiropractic assistant again? Secretary? Oh yeah, and I can't forget that pesky school thing. I think if it weren't for uni, I'd be doing two jobs. But then again, I probably wouldn't be looking for part-time work if I wasn't a student, so I guess that whole train of thought is a bit superfluous. Ahhhh, the crazy and super fast thoughts that race through my head!!

I am leaning toward the chiro thing, simply b/c I like the whole helping people get better idea. And alternative medicine and health interests me. It's a stretch from my degree, so that is also exciting. And who doesn't love free chiro? If I get that perk there, that is. But I also really want to do this tutoring cognitive skills job as well. But then every day would be completely full. I'm talking morning, noon, and night. Hmmm. When would I study? I like this break thing. Can't it last for a few more months? Or maybe I could hire someone to do my homework for me. Alas, darn my ethics!

Mom brought home a little kitty, Derby. I've yet to see the little stinker but I hear he's adorable and that he and Zeus are already friends. And that Tucker wants to eat him. Hmm.

I had acupuncture again last week and it was even weirder this time. Joachim put a whole circle of needles in my knee (very odd to look down at your leg and see lots of big fat needles it in! ew!) and it was indeed a bit painful. I told him I felt an intense, dull pain, to which he responded enthusiastically, "Great! Then I really hit the spot!" Um, yes, that could be one interpretation of the event....

I'll write again soon when I've decided which job and/or jobs I will be taking. Changing jobs is weird.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Good job getting offers and negotiating...since this isn't your dream job, maybe take the one with the highest pay? Just a thought :)