Monday, November 03, 2008

Timber!


It is seriously the most beautiful time of year in the Midwest. The trees have turned the colors of fire and we are having an unseasonably warm start to November (hello 70s!).


Dad and I have been cutting down the big-ass tree in the front yard. You can actually see the house now! But it was quite exciting today, as he was cutting it at the base and it was still taller than the house and we didn't know which direction it was going to fall. We ended up getting the neighbor boys and we threw a rope around part of the tree, then we all grabbed hold of the rope and pulled like crazy. I've never seen a tree bounce quite like that before! But it finally gave and we ran like mad and then there was a huge mess to clean up. Needless to say, Dad and I are pretty tired right now.


Congrats to Mary for doing her run the other day! : )


And I've gone back to subbing. I had German and French this morning. It was pretty fun. I think I'm teaching Science tomorrow. I like the variety.


I hope everyone else is having a great week!

1 comment:

Mary said...

I miss the colors of fall. My sister sent an evelope of leaves, so many colors. The run was more fun than I ever imagined, never thought I would think of 13 miles as fun!