Sunday, April 18, 2010

No fridge

My refrigerator started dying just before the Granada trip, making odd sounds. Then it finally bit the dust and I spoke with my landlord, who had two guys come look at it, then said they repairman would come Friday at 1. By 6 PM I gave up and emailed my landlord, stating that the man never came. Obviously no one works on the weekend, so we'll see if/when I get it repaired. Oh Spain.

Dad and I have had a lazy week (other than me working). And Monday night Feria starts, so I only have one work day this week! March and April are crazy times in Seville, with tons of time off! I don't have a Feria dress b/c they are super expensive, but I plan to go out to Los Remedios and watch the festitivites! There should be dancing, music, drinking, eating, games and rides, shows, etc. I'll take some pics and put them up once I go.

The girls are going to Morocco and have asked me to come along several times, but I just don't feel like hitting Africa at the moment. So instead, Laura who is living in Madrid, will come down to spend a few days with me and catch up. I'm excited!

I've also been packing Dad's bags full of my winter clothes so that he can take them home with him. I am trying to find a plane ticket for late May/early June but they are really expensive! So I don't have an exact home-date yet, but it is rapidly approaching! My Spanish is nowhere near where it should be, so I'll have to continue learning in the good old U.S. And start job hunting...ugh.

The weather isn't as warm and sunny here as I'd like (very odd again), but in just over a month it'll be a hot KC summer and I'm looking forward to it! But for now it's tapas, flamenco and Feria!

No comments: