Sunday, May 23, 2010

Alcazar in May






Dayna and I went to the Alcazar Friday and walked around, had a picnic, got chased by a peacock...that was fun. We were sitting on a bench eating our bocadillos, and this large peacock came very close. Dayna tried to shoo it away with her foot, but it wouldn't go. Then she jumped up and made crazy animal noises at it and waved her arms. I pretended not to know her. :) Then we moved benches and it followed us! So we decided we were done with that area of the gardens and moved to the French section.
Last night we went out and played pool (on a table that would horrify Dad). As I walked home at 3 this morning, I noticed a good sized cockroach also out for a night stroll. They come back with the heat, and I do not want to be here when they are out in full force!
It's my last week here. I'm really going to miss my students and so many things about this place. But I can't wait to see family and friends!

No comments: