Wednesday, October 25, 2006

UN Dinner



Last night was the UN Dinner in KC and it was great! MISO sponsored a table and several of us went. There were some wonderful speakers, I think the best one might have even been a highschooler. A man from WHO also spoke, and it was quite interesting b/c he has been a doctor all over the world, in developing and war-torn areas of Asia and Africa. While I didn't agree with everything he said, it was nice to be around people who believe in the mission of the UN and have hope for its future successes. (Oh geez, I sound like a sappy ad for the UN now, don't I?) Anyway, the point is that it was a good evening and I enjoyed the message, company, food, and cool rotating Skies afterwards.

So obviously one pic is from the dinner last night. Me, Sheri and Janet. The other pic is of a tree in my neighborhood. I went for a walk the other day to take some shots of the loveliness that is the midwestern fall. I figured some of you who've not seen it might appreciate the beauty and see why I am so stinking crazy about it.

Other than that life is busy as always. I submitted a revised draft of my thesis proposal yesterday and should hear back in a few days if it needs more work or if I can resubmit it to my committee as is. If so, then Hamburg is that much closer!!

Halloween, my favorite holiday, is quickly approaching and I've yet to carve a pumpkin. Hard to believe, eh? I am looking forward to dressing up for work, however. That ought to be fun, our normal professional doctors' office all goofy.

That's it for me today kids. I'll keep you posted on the status of Hamburg and the thesis madness.

: )

1 comment:

Megan said...

Congrats on getting your revised thesis proposal in...go kate go!!!