Monday, October 26, 2009

Blood sausage and calling cards

Mark made a lovely dinner for a small get together we had this weekend. His own sort of form of gazpacho to begin, and a delicious meat and vegetable dish for the main course. After we'd dug in, he grinned and said, "want to know what's in it"? I figured by the slightly sinister and amused look on his face that I did not. "The chewy bits are blood sausage," he said and smiled. Well, of course they are! I just kind of stared at my food. Yum. I was with him when he bought it and clearly remembering saying, I will not be eating that. Hm. Guess I was wrong.

Also, I've been trying to call the U.S. to change my ticket home and I've had no success, I've only watched too many Euros go down the drain as I sat on hold listening to bad French music. For some reason the internet and phone shops keep telling me I can't make international calls in their phone booths (I don't understand why not b/c I always did that in Germany, and by the way, why advertise international if you're just going to insist I buy a calling card, use my cell, and then not even get to talk to the person on the other end b/c my money runs out before they pick up and I'm stuck without any money on my phone at all???? Sheesh.). I am trying to find another way to call, but my ticket has to be changed in the next few days. Oh dear. If anyone knows how to do this, please let me know!

Last night Sonia and I climbed on top of her roof, enjoyed a splendid view of the rooftops of Seville, and watched the sun go down. We also did a bit of waltzing. Can't say I ever waltzed on a rooftop before last night. Oh, we also saw the Giralda and climbed up it (bit and famous cathedral in city center that was Muslim and Christian and is very beautiful). Pics are on Facebook.

That's it for now. :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

If you can get online, I recommend purchasing Skype credit. then you can call the States for the cheapest rates available. You can call landlines, cell phones, VoIP. Best thing I've found living overseas. Good luck!

Kate said...

You are soooo right! I tried it tonight and it was fabulous! Why haven't I done this before? Thanks! :)

jenniebui said...

it's supposed to nourish your blood =o) keep eating it!