Sunday, November 15, 2009

Big golden Jesus and a shower curtain

So after five weeks we have a shower curtain! Man I was getting tired of crouching down into a small ball to shower everyday. Mark got all manly and drilled into the tile Sunday and put it up. Then today I came home to find him drilling into our living room walls to put up his lovely velvet curtains. I am glad to have curtains so the people in the bar and street below cannot look into our sitting room. It's a bit awkward when Mark is brushing his teeth and rocking out to Abba in his underwear and people start to stare. Lol. Our place is really starting to feel like a nice home.

Nudi was in town visiting this week, up from Cadiz. It was great to see her again! We checked out the city, climbed a big tree, saw a parade with a huge golden Jesus at 11 PM (I love Spain), and had a lovely time. I'm hoping to get to Cadiz soon. I've been lazy in that I've not been traveling, just staying in Seville.

I also finally have furniture in my room! It is WONDERFUL. Yes, I still have children's bunk beds, but one must have patience in Spain.

This weekend Tom Cruise is filming a movie in town and they had parts of town blocked off. Last Friday I ran into Colin Farrell, we just happened to be chilling at the same bar. Seville is funny like that.

I start my Spanish class for real this week. About time! Tengo que aprender espanol! Es muy importante. Y ahora. Whew.

I'm coming home for Christmas, will be home about three weeks. I'm sooooo excited!

It's still in the mid 70s here during the day. The evenings are getting a bit chillier. We will have to buy space heaters eventually as we have no heat and our marble floors are going to get really chilly soon.

That's about for the news from here. Just enjoying teaching, drinking Spanish coffee, living in a city where there are palm trees, and feeling my head spin from trying to cram a ton of Spanish into my head in one afternoon! :)

No comments: