Wednesday, October 21, 2009

A new post

I know, I haven't posted in forever. I really feel like the past two months have been a crazy and very busy whirlwind, and a non-stop adventure. I'm a bit exhausted, to be honest.
I am coming home for the holidays and am very excited. I do miss home and especially the people!
As for my life here. I live above a noisy bar in the happening part of town called the Alameda de Hercules. There are a million things that need to be fixed in my flat, such as not having a shower curtain. I have been squating down to shower for three weeks now. Oh, the joy! And the ONLY piece of furniture I have in my bedroom is--get this--children's bunkbeds. Yes, I am 28 years old and living in a room with only children's bunkbeds. I find it highly amusing and thoroughly annoying. My landlord is such a sweetheart I just couldn't object when he showed up at 10 PM one night to assembly them. Sigh. So I have nothing else in my room, which is interesting.
After weeks without a fridge we finally got one. The really hilarious and frustrating part was that it was the FOURTH time it was delivered! The delivery men kept damaging our fridge evey time they brought it, and had it not been for Mark, they would have done it again. He started yelling and directing and finally we got to keep our fridge. What a happy day that was.
We lack an oven, two of our stove burners aren't working, we have doors to the outside that won't close, and living above a bar means that people are noisy outside our windows until 2 or 4 in the morning. The south of Spain is definitely a different world. Things work completely differently, people do not speak English, and it is taking a bit to get used to.
However, the city is beautiful and the people are lovely. I can't get enough of tapas! I am addicted to Spanish coffee. The Alcazar has some of the most lovely gardens I've ever seen. The architecture is breath-taking and there are winding, tiny roads and gorgeous tiling, etc.
I can't wait to see some of the surrounds areas like Granada, Cadiz, etc. Andalucia is an amazing part of Spain and I definitely want to see more of it. I also can't wait for Dad to come visit so I can show it all to him. Anyone else wanting to come visit, just let me know! I'll let you pick which bunk you want! Lol.
My friends have a flat not too far from me where you can climb on the roof and overlook a fair amount of the city. There are churches everywhere, and newer projects resulting from the last time Seville hosted the Expo. You can see two of the modern and architectually stunning bridges from their roof as well. I love just sitting up there, and will have to take some pics soon.
On another note, it's Dad's birthday! Happy Birthday Dad!
I will update more often. :)

3 comments:

Sam Ransom said...

Oh crazy! I don't know how you do it!

When you are in town for the holidays, you will have to come see our new baby. He should be here by then! I'm down to 1 month left! Due Nov. 17th.

Anonymous said...

It is remarkable, very good information

Anonymous said...

It agree, the remarkable information