Sunday, September 27, 2009

In need of a good home

So I've checked into a pension for the time being. Mark and I found a lovely apartment right on the Alameda with a view of the palace, but are waiting to hear back about it. It's not quite finished, but it's lovely and would suit us well. So fingers crossed!

We finished the course Friday, and it's been since a crazy and busy month! We had a dinner party Wednesday night, and we lost electricity while cooking. Granted, this is not the first time this has happened, but it always came back on in an hour or so the last times it had happened. But not this time. We couldn't get it back on, couldn't get it fixed, and then people showed up for dinner! Only half the food was cooked. So we pulled out the silver candlebras and a friend brought candles and we had dinner and drinks by candle light. It was very nice. Other than giving people a flash light or candle to use the restroom by! Lol. The next morning I woke up to Mark knocking on my door and saying he had candles in me for the bathroom so I could shower. What a sweetheart! Sadly, we ended up having to throw a lot of our food out since our fridge was off for a day.

So over the past month we had a minor flood in the kitchen b/c the sink piping broke, three days sans hot water (and therefore icey showers) and two days without proper electricity. That's right, they spen the next two days trying to fix our electricity and tearing up the kitchen before we got it all working again. Then Saturday morning we had to hurry out of the apartment. We were supposed to leave by 12, but the cleaning ladies showed up at 9, so we dragged our exhausted bums out of bed and packed up and headed out.

I feel like I could sleep for a week!

Laura and I walked around the city today, enjoying a bit of a break and seeing some of the city. It was quite nice. And quite hot!

Pics are up on Facebook if anyone wants to see them. Lots of Seville.

Hopefully I'll have housing this week and can get myself sorted out to start having a semi-normal existence. Or at least a routine. :)

No comments: