Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Car Accident

It was a bit of a rough day. First off I had 5 lessons in a row, and it all seemed well planned out if not slightly stressful. After 4th hour I went to my 5th hour and when I got there, there were more kids than there should have been and one of the student teachers was already there. I got all confused and a few students came up to me, saying, "Ms. Austin, you were supposed to be in our last hour." Um, no? Fifth hour, right? No. They don't have classes at the same time everyday, so it gets confusing. I really DID miss class! Crap!!!

Thankfully, they have a plan that the kids have to go to the secretary at ten past if no teacher shows up. So another teacher took my hour. But I should have known! I should have checked the sub plan, but I already had it written down! The worst part? It was my PRINCIPAL'S class, that he asked me TWO WEEKS ago to take over! Oh dear. I mean, I had it all planned out and everything. I felt soooo bad. And then everyone knew, as well. Wow, reject me.

Then on the way home, the Autobahn had a huge back up so we exited to take back roads and then Thomas hit someone! It was so scary. The car was turning right onto the street in front of us and we didn't see the sign giving him the right of way and he didn't slow down and we couldn't stop in time and we smashed into him. Thank God everyone was ok, just really shaken and tense and worried. Thomas's car is ok, needs a light replaced and some scratches fixed, but the other car was seriously messed up in the front end. They didn't know what to do b/c Thomas and Claudia had never caused an accident. Wow was it stressful. Finally we got details taken care of and Claudia drove us home. Then I went to Kate's to try and relax a bit.

Yikes, what a day! But tonight is dance and Stammtisch. I think I need to go to bed early. Hope everyone is well. : )

1 comment:

Megan said...

kate, i'm glad you're okay too and i fully agree that you should come home in one piece :)