Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Non-boring normalacy

(I realize normalacy is not a word, but I think it fits better so I have chosen to use it. Deal.)

Things have gotten back to normal for the most part. Work, Uni, work, seeing people. Ahhhh.

I am being good about jogging and it's not so bad. Especially at dawn or dusk, such lovely times. I went for a walk tonight at dusk and the sunset was so beautiful. We have some of the most amazing skies here in the Midwest. I love it.

I have an interview at a place I really want to work for next Wednesday. Keep your fingers crossed! And I might be getting more people to tutor, this time in German. I hope it works out! Juhu!

Ok, so while studying tonight, I came across an interesting section on scientific reasoning/methodology, etc. It says that an assumption of science is that "Truth is tentative. We noted earlier that truth is dynamic and constantly changing. What is true at one point in time may not be true in the future. Truth is always relative to the existing state of knowledge. As scientific methodology is applied to increasing numbers of observations, what most thought was once true may be modified." So you could use an example of something like people thinking the world was flat, or that the sun revolved around the earth. What do you think about that statement, that truth is relative and changing? I thought it was really interesting, especially b/c it and other articles argue that the point of science is not to seek the truth, but to explain things to the best of ability. I sort of disagree. I think science aims to discover the truth. Opinions are welcomed and encouraged.

That's enough thought for one night. Now I'm off to bed.

: )

No comments: