Monday, August 07, 2006

August Already?

All right. So I admit, I've not been keeping up with my blog. But I just am not having the crazy adventures one has while living abroad. Although, I am enjoying reading Kate (Aussie)'s blog about her new life in Japan. I especially appreciated the thing about carrying the mattress through the trains and being stared at. Would have loved to have seen that! Or having a new apartment, but without elec., gas, etc. Ahhh, the many joys! How I miss them!

I might have another small German group to teach English to. I am quite enjoying the tutoring. I just hope I have enough time for it all when school starts. Which is 1.5 weeks. And my teachers haven't ordered books! What does that mean? Hmmmmm.

Do you see how boring this is compared to my Germany blogs? No mold invasions, bugs claiming my bathroom, and if I'm considered the reject it's not because I'm the ignorant foreigner that can be written off.

That said, I am enjoying being home. I woke up to a thunderstorm this morning and it was heavenly. I can go barefoot and swim when I want and the time is really flying by. I can't believe it's already August!

E is still in Ktown til next week and he's still working on the thesis. I'm ready for him to finish and get his butt over here for a visit! However, it looks like that could be October. Schnoeffle schnoeffle. But Jan might be coming to visit around the end of September. Very cool.

It is almost Meegan's birthday and I am a rotten friend b/c I'm still idea-less for a great b-day gift. Do I lose super-duper friend points?

I think that's about it for life in KC. Oh, my room is almost completely organized. A month after returning home. Meegan, I bet you're proud of me for the procrastination. I learned from the best!

: )

2 comments:

The said...

Just thought I'd say Hi... I'm not dead, glad to know you aren't either.. :)

Megan said...

Good job with the procrastination...is your closet organized too? :) Good to hear from you Kate...big hugs!