Thursday, March 08, 2007

Success!

And what a happy March it is! This week has been filled with warmth and sunshine, bringing back that lying on the floor and coughing almost dead hope that spring and summer will indeed return. Ahhhh. Bliss, I tell you, bliss.

The exciting news is that I now have my first member of my thesis committee. Progress on the thesis! Score! I am so psyched. It did not even require any bribing, coercing, or any similar manner that might challenge my moral integrity. That's right, this prof is a willing participant in my thesis. (big sigh of relief). One down, two more to go. And then, maybe I'll redign my thesis and actually consider working on it. Maybe. Maybe I'll wait til semester's over. It's not like there's really time now anyhow.

Tomorrow night is salsa at the Madrid, one of my favorite times of the month. Juhu!

Dad also returns tomorrow from his two-week stay on the East Coast. It will be good to have him back. However, it means that I will have to clear the kitchen table, which has slowly been devoured by my homework.

Tonight I met up with MISO (Masters of International Studies Organization) and we had a sort of international "show and tell". People brought pics and artifacts from their travels, and told stories as well. It was fabulous. And a nice break from reading about bombing Hiroshima and General Sherman's correspondence with General Hood. Both of which, to my utter hesistance to admit, were quite interesting reads! (is there still hope for me? maybe if I watch some MTV my brain will return to normal functioning status)

Has anyone else been noticing some serious static cling and electricity lately? Holy cow Batman. Ok, if I keep writing I will only get sillier, so it's good night for me.

: )

1 comment:

Megan said...

Haven't seen much static cling out this way :)