Saturday, March 24, 2007

Sweet, Sugary Sixteen

Lexi's b-day is Tuesday, but she, Mom and I celebrated last night. We went to see Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, which was actually pretty good (I was doubtful, I'll admit). My only complaint was that they did not include the TMNT theme song, which I was more than ready to sing along to. I'm sure Lexi was thankful for that. Afterwards we ate DQ ice cream cake, and she managed to eat more than I thought was humanly possible in one sitting without it coming back up. I was impressed. In a sort of sick way.

Today was all about the studying. Dear goodness, I think I've fallen into a pit of studying and there's no way out! Is it summer yet? Is semester over yet? Oh right, this is Spring Break. Two more months.

However, I am learning about current state of the privatized military firm industry, which is highly interesting. And no, I am not referring to mercenaries. I suppose it is logical in many ways, but pretty weird to think about outsourcing military needs. Hmmmm.

Monica and I are hitting a new venue for some salsa tonight. Hope it's good! It will be a great break from studying. I think I might turn into a textbook soon. I'll spew pretentious words and pontificate, and only annoyingly smart people with too much time on their hands will be able to understand me. And I'll smell like old books. I guess that part's not too bad.

But really. How did Lexi eat all of that cake? Ahh, the wonders of life!

1 comment:

Megan said...

Maybe you should try not eating for a day or two or a week and then having a contest with Lexi :)