Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Dad's hard at work back home

Dad has been redoing my wc back home. It has been a long time coming, and I am soooo excited! It had this horrible dark brown wallpaper that made it feel tiny, and linoleum that really needed to go. So Dad got rid of the wallpaper, fixed the walls, painted the ceiling and walls ("latte" - Jennie just like the house!) and is ripping up the floor to put down tile. Dang! But he is waiting for me to pick out fixtures when I return. Talk about some serious work! He sent me some pics, so here is the progress!








Check out the before pics! And below the ceiling was in desperate need of some paint!





Soooooo much better! Thanks Dad!





As I was walking to my various classes today I was observing the other people in the streets, as usual. I still love how the Spanish dress their little children like old people, especially the little boys! I just can't get over the brightly colored tights under shorts and matching bright and shiny shoes. And of course the copious amounts of hair gel that usually matches their father, who is generally walking beside the stroller with his arms clasped behind his back.


I also admit to have taken to the habit here of washing my hair every other day. Ok, so maybe they wash theirs even less, but I'm liking the every other day thing. As I sat in Spanish class this morning, exhausted after another night of poor sleep, I realized most of us had not washed our hair. And I was the only female wearing make up. Sometimes I adore Europe. Lol.


Of course in all fairness, the Spanish women, especially in Seville, also have a tendency of dressing up like crazy. Sometimes I find myself staring at them, in their amazing outfits, hair, make up and shoes. Or sometimes I stare because of the crazy trends, like the sudden affinity for very brightly colored tights. Under shorts or skirts and with equally bright foot wear. Purple seems to be a favorite at the moment. And fur seems to be big. That Flo Rida song that Emma and I enjoy so much, "boots with the fur"? Maybe it was written here! If only I could photograph the people and send pics home. The entertainment never stops!


Dad gets here this weekend as Semana Santa starts and I get a week (sort of) off of work and am sooooo ready for it!


I thought I saw something else crazy today that I felt the need to share, however now it is eluding me. Oh well, just another day in Sevilla....

1 comment:

evision said...

www.onlineuniversalwork.com