Monday, March 08, 2010

Dios mio la lluvia...

The constant rain and dark skies are getting me a bit down - it's like being back in Hamburg! As I walked out of my last class of the evening, I was on the top floor of the apartment building on the outside walkway, and I looked across to see the other roof full of people's clothing and bed sheets. There was row after row of them, just blowing in the wind and pouring rain. And I took a sick pleasure in knowing that other people's clothes got soaked as well. Not a proud moment, but true.

As I walked home I ran into a student's mother, and I expressed my dislike for the constant rain. She said yes, it's a special year, at which I laughed. Then she said, "I guess we'll just have to keep singing in the rain!" Now, on as far as the corniness factor is concerned, let's just say it was muy grande, but I had to appreciate her good humor about the sucky weather. So thank you, Maria Luisa's madre, for the perspective.

Still, I will stay inside tonight and make soup and try to watch Buffy Cazavampiros and try to understand what they heck they are saying in Spanish. English anyone? :)

19 days til Dad gets here and I can't wait!!!!!!!!

And Dad is sending me rain boots. I can't express my gratitude with words!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good post and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you as your information.