Monday, March 27, 2006

Abi Streik

So today was the Abi Streik, where the 13th graders do something crazy during school hours to celebrate being done with tests and school. So after the fourth hour they made a lot of noise and called everyone to the Schulhof (courtyard) and had a stage set up. They had "kidnapped" Herr Dohna, our principal, and taped him to a toilet. Then they had a mock beauty contest, mocking the tv show "Germany searches for the top model" and they also had teachers and students dance around and played games. At the end they played a sort of Who wants to be a millionare game with the principal with 10 questions about the teachers, and if he lost they all got to go home, and if he won then classes continued. He lost. Game over. I went home.

It was fun and interesting, but I didn't think the drinking and smoking in front of the younger kids was a good idea. I was a bit disappointed. Chuck said they had Abi Streik today as well, but it was really bad b/c the kids were drunk and everyone just left. Yikes. The Abi Ball, sort of like our Prom, is on Friday and I plan to go for a short while. I don't really have anything prom-like to wear, but oh well.

It got unseasonably warm here today, in the 60s. But it's rainy, too. And yesterday Daylight Savings started so I'm quite content.

Sadly, due to all the excitment, I didn't get to give two of my lessons. Oh well, there's always next week!

: )

1 comment:

Megan said...

Enjoy the warm weather, we've been having lots of rain here on the west coast