Friday, March 03, 2006

Winter Wonderland

It's been snowing for days! Oddly it doesn't alway stick, or else we would be wading everywhere! However, it IS getting very slick and right now there's a few inches on the ground. It started snowing Wednesday evening and has been snowing ever since. Crazy.

Wednesday evening Chuck and I went with Thomas and friends to the soccer match between the U.S. and Poland. It was pretty cool, though I'm not the biggest soccer fan. We won! 1:0. It was freezing, but the tons of snow was pretty. I had layer upon layer upon layer on, and then a wool blanket over that. But it was another cultural experience. You can't live in a big soccer town like this and not go to one single game. Sadly, I haven't visited an FCK (Fussball Club Kaiserslautern) game, but that's ok. When it's full the stadium hold about 45,000 people, but only 13,000 came to our Ami game. It will be really crazy here when the WM (World Championship) starts in June. Yikes!

I'm almost all ready for Berlin. Next week should be really cool. I'm so looking forward to the workshops and tours. And of course more site seeing!

I hope the snow keeps coming, the world looks beautiful. After that I'm going to hope like mad for Spring!

No comments: