Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Spring! Yippee!




Spring came Sunday (and sadly left yesterday) but it was so beautiful! Above freezing. Ahhhh. Chuck and I took a long walk in the woods, then headed back to town to get an ice cream. The line was long, as many people were enjoying their first cold treat of the year. Cafes had also put their outdoor tables back out. Yay! Ah sun, how I've missed you!!!

Yesterday (and today) they are having the final oral exams for the 13th graders at my school so I am off. So yesterday I went with Chuck to his school to see how it was there. Interesting. And today I'm studying and running errands. Very nice.

Strikes. I'm getting a bit fed up. I think two groups are striking in Germany right now, the civil people still (garbage, day-care, etc.) and doctors are now striking, demanding a pay raise. And however annoying/bad that may sound, thank goodness gracious I'm not in France! They have been striking at Universities for so long that my friend Ren (who was also a TA here but went to France this semester to study) has barely been to any classes all semester and they are thinking of simply closing the Unis for the semester and many Brits have already headed home. Or so I hear. The French are enough to drive one mad! I'd best not elaborate, it may get a bit heated. But honestly people!

Chuck and I are going to Karlsruhe this Saturday to meet up with some of his friends. I've never been there and it's not far from here, and there should at least be a nice church to see! Actually, I think it will be cool to see another German city.

That's about it from the K-Town front. Hope you all are well.

: )

No comments: