Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Did I mention that I am trying to sleep with those sleep mask thingies? While they drive me nuts, the bright light of day at 4:30 in the morning makes it a tad trickier to sleep. It confuses me, thinking it's time to get up. And then I look at my clock, and it's not even 5. I usually then make an annoyed sound, fumble around my night stand for the hideously tacky and manly gray eye sleepwear, manage to bind it to my face, and roll back over. It's a lovely event. I'm sorry you all can't witness it.

I've also spent the day (or most of it) working on a 1.5 hour presentation that I am once again doing alone. My first partner left me, then I got switched to another group, and as of yesterday I am the only one left. Again. I'm not sure I entirely understood the first text, but I'm trying to put together a sound presentation on it before starting the next one. I wonder how it feels to look stupid in front of a group of people while you try to present something that was, originally, intelligent. As you stumble over words you know you pronounce a bit off, and sometimes completely wrong. Will they laugh? Or be nice and tolerate my nervous German. I'll let you know in a few weeks once I give the ,,Referat". lol.

Last night I saw a film with Kathi and friends (I really like her friends!) and tonight Emma and Chris have invited me over for dinner. That usually means a good amount of vegies, and I am honestly excited about that! I barely saw a vegetable (except for potatoes and lots of mushrooms that I slyly pushed to the side of my plate) during my time in Spain. Oh vegies, how I've missed you!

2 comments:

Megan said...

Great to hear from you again and good to know your trip went well. Good luck with your presentations too...you'll do great!

Unknown said...

Silly me, what if you put the eye-thingies on before you went to sleep....