Sunday, May 04, 2008

Weekend Fun



Chris playing badminton at the lovely Eppendorf Park.






Chris and Emma. The park is also next to a canal and you can see the water and it's really nice.







Us dancing in the month of May!











Silke and I at Kathi's birthday dinner.












Kathi unwrapped presents and cards.










Emma and I at the baseball game.





This week and weekend were quite a lot of fun! Wednesday evening was ,,Tanz in dem Mai" where you dance in the new month of May. So we we went out dancing and had a great time, getting home in the wee hours of the morning. Which meant Thursday I was a bit of a bum and just hung around and read (but it was a holiday anyhow). Friday night Emma, Chris and I went out to celebrate Emma's new job at Xing, a German online networking firm. It is a cool job and I hope she likes it! We got some yummy cocktails then called it an early night.





Saturday night we went out for Kathi's birthday, and it was a large group of us. We ate, drank, and had an overall fun time.





Then today, I got up early and went joggin with Silke, Jens's girlfriend. It was a beautiful morning! Then I got back and Chris and Emma wanted to meet some friends at the Hamburg Steelers baseball game, so I met them up the road and we biked past the airport, and after about 45 minutes we found the field. There were about thirty fans, max. No real bleachers. We sat on a grassy area and picnicked and just enjoyed. They kept yelling things in English so we were well amused! Then we biked to a park in Eppendorf that is lovely, played a little badminton, and headed home. Later Kathi and I went for a walk. I am now very beat. But it was a sunny and almost warm day, too nice to stay indoors!



This week it's Uni, lots of tandem meetings, and on Friday I am off to Spain for a week. I won't be taking my laptop and I don't think I'll have internet there, so if you don't hear from me for a week, it is because I am in the middle of nowhere Spain with no internet.

No comments: