Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Woe is my eye...sniffle sniffle

I went to the eye doctor yesterday and somehow, against all medical textbooks, I have gone to a +1.75. That is being far-sighted. I have never been far-sighted before, and my eye has no idea what to do. Perhaps that is why I can't see to read? I asked the doc if this is normal, to which he said no, and in 15 years of practice has never seen anything like it. The eye is healing well, and there is no reason whatsoever that I should be seeing that dramatic of a change. So now I am wearing a contact that is helping, but reading is still a challenge. Which is even more fun with Uni now in session.

And irony of all ironies? I got a card from my surgeon in the mail today saying he hopes we got it this time and thanking me for my patience. I just wanted to immediately respond, no, we didn't get it and I would really, really appreciate it if I could see well and read. I asked my doc if there was anything I could do, and he said just wait and see. Sigh. Nothing new here.

On a happier note, I'm off to SF tomorrow to see Meegan! Juhu! : )

Oh, Lisa had Lasik today so I hope it all went well!

No comments: