Saturday, August 29, 2009

In Sevilla

!Hola! I made it safely to Sevilla. The trip went quite quickly, and I would have written sooner but had difficulty finding an internet cafe. I went looking for my apartment this morning and definitely got lost in the winding, narrow streets. I feel like such a tourist when I´m constantly consulting my map, but honestly, the streets are so crazy that I had to. I finally found the place I´ll move into tomorrow. I also went out and did practical things, such as purchasing a hair dryer, etc. I still want to find my school, and that should be it for "errands" for the day.

Sevilla is beautiful! Full of lovely colored buildings, tiny streets that wind all over the place, flowers, lots of sunshine and it´s very warm! My hotel is also quite lovely, with a great view of an outdoor courtyard below. I´ve included just a few pics for now.

There is definitely a lack of English-speakers here. I have been using all the Spanish I know and have been keeping my dictionary nearby. I think I need a smaller one, however, as my purse is getting very heavy!

I went to buy a Spanish SIM card for my German cell today, but the phone shop didn´t have any in stock. She said I could buy a cheap Spanish cell for 20€, which I tried to do, only she then said I needed my passport. Um, it´s in the hotel. Why would I be walking around with it? And the shop closed at 2, so I decided to just wait. I have a few € left on my German card anyhow. So if you need to reach me asap for any reason, my German cell from the U.S. is 011 49 175 66 22 699. I will post when I get a Spanish one.



Random yet pretty street I photographed while lost looking for my apartment.





In my confused trekking all over a certain area of Sevilla, I ran into several churches. This was my favorite.




A street near my hotel.

Oh yeah, did I mention I almost lost my boarding pass in KC? LOL. I set it on a table and walked away and forgot! It took my five minutes to remember what I´d done, and when I went back, it was still there. What a ridiculous way to start my trip! Then my second flight (Detroit to Paris, which was short, only 6.5 hours!) was boarding as my first flight landed, so I just rushed from flight to flight. But I must say, if you ever travel Air France, it´s so nice!

All right, I´m off for now. Hope you´re all well!

!Besitos!

No comments: