Sunday, August 30, 2009

New Apartment


We each have a ton of keys. Mark was trying to remember which ones went to which locks. This was after we saw a good portion of the city, bought some food to cook for dinner, and Mark and I played in a misty fountain.



So far my favorite place in the city. The Spanish Plaza. Stunning.



Plaza de San Francisco. Also nice.



I am having computer issues. I´m at the same internet cafe, but today the computer won´t put all my pics on Facebook. I´ll put a few up here, then wait to see if I can get it to work another day.

I moved into my apartment this morning. My roommates are quite nice. Laura from L.A. and Mark from London. We spent most of the day walking around Seville. It is definitely a beautiful city! Also, our apartment is really nice. It has a washing maching and dishwasher, and three toilets. Lol. Mark and I are sharing a bathroom (the door doesn´t lock, or really shut that well for that matter and the curtains on the clear door cover MOST of your view into the bathroom...) and I told him he´d better be clean. He assured me he is. However, after dinner he took a shower and then popped his head into my room with a grin and I noticed he was holding the mop. He laughed and said the shower curtain doesn´t stay put, and water went everywhere, but not to worry because he´s cleaning it up. LOL.

To get into our apartment there is a serious iron gate, with two locks. Then you walk up to another door, where there is another serious lock. All of our windows and doors on the first two floors are completely covered in this iron. You can see in the pic.

My room is about a million degrees. It is tiny, yellow, and I have a small terrace that opens out to the road. Our apartment is actually like a house, and as you walk in there is the living room and dining area, then you walk through an outdoor patio to get to the kitchen. The patio area has a beautiful old fountain that is no longer turned on, and above it are our wires to hang clothes. My pillow is aparently drying on them. I don´t know why. I´ve just left it.

Class starts tomorrow. I need to get back to my room and finish unpacking!

No comments: