Saturday, October 29, 2005

Montpellier

Last week in France was wonderful! We didn't do much, just walked around the city, enjoyed the architecture, parks, good weather, went to the beach one day where we built a sandcastle and laid out and I just stood with my feet in the water. Very nice. We also did a day trip to Aigues Mort, town of the dead waters. It has a fully intact city wall that you can walk around. Very cool. A bit too touristy for my taste, but gorgeous. It is right by all these swamp lands/salt water ponds and horses were grazing in the fields of surreal greens. We even saw real live flamingoes! In the wild! lol. That was awesome.

It really was just a relaxing vacation.

This morning I went and got some art supplies so I can try and do a real painting. hee hee. I'm quite excited. I also stopped by the market and picked up some fresh vegies, fruits, and meats and cheeses. I love that they let you, no, insist, that you try the meats and cheeses. It's great. Since then I've been fighting a war with the mold. There's just so much it's hard to beat. I put up a decent battle, but gave up for now. I will go after it again some other day.

The weather here is warm and sunny again. We're having an incredibly mild autumn! I love it.

Yes, I will be home the 22nd of December. Dad is getting married the 23rd. After that I should have some time. I leave again on the 7th of January.

I will put pics of France up soon, but they are not so spectacular. It was mostly just the city. But I enjoyed it.

There was an article on Mom's business on the FRONT PAGE of the KC Star yesterday. Check it out!

I miss you all and really wish I could be there now. Thanks for the emails and electronic hugs.

Love you guys.

1 comment:

Megan said...

KATE!!! you're back :)...did you have time to do any economics on your trip?...i'm glad you had a good time and got some beach time in...keep up your noble fight against the mold..be strong! :)...miss you tons and tons of hugs to you