Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Home Again

Well. After lots of traveling I am back home and enjoying it. Italy was wonderful. I had a bit of a stomach bug at first, but once that was gone it was really great. We just bummed around, reading in the garden and eating pizza and walking along the beach. It was a bit chilly for swimming but we took off our shoes and walked through the water. We also took a day trip to Penne. It was an hour bus ride through gorgeous, green hills full of olive trees. The city itself is old and has narrow streets filled with old bricks. Everything was closed b/c it was about 1 pm when we arrived, and finding lunch turned out to be an adventure. Plus it was rainy. But after lunch the sun came out and we wandered around town, found some amazing views, and a cute little dog followed us around.

Saturday we spent 11 hours traveling to get back to Germany and by then I was exhausted. We didn't have much food left and it was Easter so we had to do Chinese take-out for dinner. Sadly the next day was also a holiday and I couldn't get food at the grocery store. Hello pasta! Today I managed to get food, finally. I like the fresh fruits and vegies. Ahhhhh.

Yesterday Chuck left for Barcelona. He'll be there til Friday. I'm glad I didn't go with, it was just too much traveling and I have a big fat paper I ought to be working on. hee hee. Last night I went to the Cotton Club to hear the Midnight Movers, a mixture of music and people. There are Americans with southern accents that sing with Germans, a cutie from Trinidad, and many more that sing blues, jazz, R&B, rap, and songs from the radio. And the MC is American, and he always speaks in German and English, but his accent in German cracks me up. Try waaaaay southern trying German. Wow. Fun stuff.

I will get pics up soon, I'm still getting things together.

Hope everyone's well! : )

No comments: