Sunday, September 24, 2006

Besuch in Des Moines






Jan is visiting, and once I got the message that he was on another flight and I had not, in fact, lost my German as I thought, things went much more smoothly.

We headed up to Des Moines early Saturday, toured the Sherman Hills old homes (very nice), then went to the Oktoberfest where we had lovely German food. Mmm! Wienerschnitzel u. Spaetzle! I was in heaven. We also drank just a bit.

Then we toured some bars, played some pool for American culture, and went to more bars.

Today we slept in, had a lovely breakfast with croissants and coffee (ahhhhh), walked around, got F&O's (I'm practically drooling just thinking of it), and went out to the Somerset Winery for good wine and fun music. It was a great day weather-wise, and we sat there for a few hours. Now our roast is almost ready. It really does sound like we've spent the entire weekend eating! lol.

The pics: Jan and I road-tripping it, me in Auntie's garden, me in Iowan vineyard-age, Auntie at the winery and the cool old maple tree outside of Auntie's.

Ok, dinner's ready, I'm off. What a fabulous weekend!

: )

1 comment:

Megan said...

What is F&O? Enjoy your time with Jan :)