Thursday, September 07, 2006

Fingers Crossed

Ok, so I finished the rough draft of my app to study at the University of Hamburg next fall. I want to write my thesis there. I'm planning to do it on Turkish immigrant integration into German society. KU has a scholarship for ONE grad student to go to the Uni next fall. Keep your fingers crossed!!

Other than that life is busy. I'm trying to work in more tutoring, I may have a position dealing with intercultural communication and diversity training in the near future, though only part-time. How exciting!!!!!!!!!! And tomorrow night Monica and I will dance our little hearts out at the Madrid. Good stuff.

I love my 701 class. The prof is awesome. Tonight he made a point about the modernizing world and how there tends to be a lot of lonliness for those of us following our hearts and dreams and bouncing from place to place, leaving behind family and friends. It just rang so true. Funny that it was brought up in class.

I hope everyone else is doing wonderfully. Big hugs!

: )

1 comment:

Megan said...

Good luck on your application kate!!!