Friday, September 29, 2006

Go go Speed Racer

Sadly the week has flown by and Jan is flying back to Frankfurt. After SLC and LAX. hee hee. It was a good week, however. I especially enjoyed having the week off of work.

Well, after our lovely weekend in Des Moines, Jan and I drove back to KC. I had studying to do, so the nice German that he is, Jan offered to drive. And he was doing a swell job until he tapped me on the shoulder and said, "um, Kate?" At which point I looked up and saw flashing lights in the rearview mirror. Oops.

I told him to pull over and then Mr. Stick Up His Butt Highway Patrolman pulled us over. Jan handed over his driver's license (totally in German, mind you) and I offered to translate, but Mr. I'm Too Cool Policeman said it was unnecessary. He then preceeded to assume Jan's place of birth was his middle name. Reject.

I'm sorry to say we did in fact get the ticket. A whooping $115 for going 14 over the speed limit. Well, I'd not had a speeding ticket before so at least it was interesting. Jan was a bit disappointed. He had hoped for more excitement. I told him he's lucky, b/c more excitement might have meant handcuffs and being hauled to a police station in the middle of nowhere. lol.

The rest of the week we chilled, saw family, saw the Plaza, and went horseback riding b/c Jan had never sat on a horse before. Crazy, huh?

Oh, he also went to class with me, and got up the nerve to speak up in class on the last night. That was fun. We were arguing theory and it was quite enjoyable.

That was my week. Next week I have my interview for my scholarship. That should go well, it's on my birthday, after all! And since I'm probably the only person who applied for any Uni in Deutschland.....lol!

Das ist's. Tschuess!

No comments: