Friday, July 18, 2008

Going Away Parties

The Saturday before I left I went out with the gang (Emma, Chris, Nayeon, Eric and Ryan). We went to the Hofbraeu Haus for dinner, walked around Planten und Blomen, and went to do some Korean karoake and eat Korean food and drink (too much!) soju. It was a fun evening.





This is Eric eating the aloe plant. Very nice.




Me, Emma and Nayoen posed by a lovely waterfall.




The boys found an equally lovely area to pose by! Then Chris and Eric hopped across the water to climb a tree until Emma gave that warning tone and they obediently came back.






We learned that in Korean culture it is respectful to hold your empty shot glass above your head once you drink it to show you really drank it. Nayeon and Eric are demonstrating.




I don't think Emma is as amused as the boys...





The boys at the Hofbraeu Haus. And their one liter beers. Wow.





Chris baked me a cake from scratch and Emma wrote my name on it with chocolate chips (or Germany's closest version). The "e" started to fall off the side, which I thought was pretty dang cool. Chris even let me cut the cake, until I started making funny geometrical shapes out of it, at which point I was quickly relieved of cake-cutting duty.




A passerby took a photo of us in the park.



Eric and Ryan jamming in Korean. Man, those boys can sing! Luckily I didn't get up or else everyone might have vacated the premises....

The next night Jens and Silke invited Kathi and I over for dinner. We grilled on their balcony, talked, smelled someone below us smoking pot, and had a really nice time.






One guess who took this pic.





The roomies, me, Jens and Kathi.





Their kitchen is similiar to ours! Or, I should now say, Kathi's.

Both going away parties were really wonderful. I was glad to be able to celebrate with some of my favorite people from the past year.

I'm really going to miss them!

No comments: