Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Two down, one to go

I just finished my second big paper, yay! I will turn it in tomorrow and then start on the last, and biggest, final paper for the semester. Hopefully it will be the last paper (thesis excluded) I will ever write for grad school! Now if only I could pick a topic.... ; )

My blinds broke a few days ago and came crashing down on me. They are heavy and wood and I screamed and then they hit the floor and then I said a profanity. They were already crap and broken when I moved in, but I can't get them back on the wall. The other night I literally taped a blanket over the window (hello only dark from 11-3:30) and Kathi had a good laugh at me and said how ghetto. Hm. Yes, but what else to do? So I removed the blanket and have just left it.

It is also nice and warm today! Sunny even. My laptop tells me it's 86 F outside, and 83 F in my room. Whew. Toasty. I wanted to grab a blanket and go sunbathe by the lake, but then I realized finishing my paper ought to take precedence. So I did the responsible thing. (You're relieved, aren't you Dad? hee hee)

I met Emma for lunch and we got sandwiches and took them by the Alster, then we walked around and enjoyed the nice weather. We agreed that when the weather is lovely (i.e. sunny and warm), Hamburg is one of the most beautiful cities in the world. Sad that that only happens about 10 days out of the year! lol. I also told her I am really looking forward to laying by the pool and going from ghost-pale to tan. Ahhhh, home.

There are still a bunch of official things I need to take care of before I go, but I will wait until the last few days. Not sure how to cancel my insurance. Hmmm.

So that's it for me right now. I've already planned my very own Welcome Home Me Party (is that bad?) for Saturday the 19th. Pool and bbq party! If I failed to invite you, but you're sure I meant to, then just let me know you'll be there. : )

No comments: