Monday, July 07, 2008

Koto's visit

Koto visited this weekend and we had a fun, if short, time.





We played around in Planten und Blomen, my favorite park in Hamburg.













We also ate some yummy Afghani dishes. Dad, does this look familiar? : )





We rented a boat because it's sooooooo much fun! Sadly they were out of canoes so I tried my hand at the rowboat.




It was definitely harder than I thought! Koto had to be my eyes since I couldn't see behind me and so many people were out on the water. But sometimes she forgot because the surroundings are so beautiful!





This is me in the park again.





We also ate some delicious Ethiopian food. She said there isn't a lot of variety in cuisine down in Frankfurt, so we had to get in some different food.




We also found a bit of a worn-down looking hookah bar near the Uni that was interesting. I would love to have one of those at home! Koto said she got one when she was in northern Africa, but they use it as decoration.




Here is Koto near my place in front of the Alster. Part of the day was nice and sunny. The rest of the time it was a bit chilly and rainy. But you'd never know it from this picture!

It was really great seeing Koto, it had been two years!

And now I'm doing Uni stuff and getting ready to pack up a lot of my things so I can mail them soon. I think I will have one or two heavy boxes and I'm not sure how I am going to carry them down the stairs. I think I will have to get a taxi to take me to the post office because no way can I get them there by foot or bike. Hmm. Ah the logistics.

Chris and Emma and I wanted to grill by the Alster tonight, but it's been rainy and is not quite warm. We will see.

Just one more week now! : )

No comments: