Thursday, February 09, 2006

Blizzard

I woke up to a heavy snowfall, you know, those big flakes that you can catch in your hand and they don't melt right away! It was great walking to the train station. Sadly I got confused and showed up at work an hour early. lol.

In 6th hour (it had snowed on and off all day with some sun, really pretty!) the fog rolled in and it was so thick all you could see out the window was white and snow and it looked like what I would imagine a blizzard to look like, and then there was thunder! I was so confused! And mesmerized. I had trouble paying attention to the lesson and kept staring out the window. The kids kept looking, too. Thank goodness I wasn't doing the lesson! When the fog had passed (we are up on a hill--Megan, remember on Hydra when the fog/clouds passed by us? Like that only way more intense!) the world looked like white powder had been dropped on it. However, it's too warm for it to stay, but it was really neat to see.

Last night we lost the Irish Pub quiz quite disastrously. Dang. Oh well, there's always next week! Tonight Jan invited us to dinner (he's on our Irish Pub team) and Chuck and I are making cookies we invented for the ocassion. Then it's salsa tonight! I've convinced a few people to come with. Of course, I don't think it can beat Tuesday night's salsa party at the Uni that Wouter and I stumbled upon. Lots of room and amazing dancers. I was so in heaven!

It is 5:30 pm and it is not dark! Man I love that it's getting later in the year! Oh, Chuck got his plane ticket home as well and booked it for the same day, only he flies out an hour after me.

I think that's the news from my side of the world. I really need to study tomorrow! We might be off to Trier this Saturday, day tripping it, but haven't decided yet. Miss you all!

: )

No comments: