Sunday, February 12, 2006

Manchmal ist das Leben fast Unglaublich

Hallo alle! Wie geht's euch? Es geht mir hier ganz gut. Ich komme gut zurecht.

Ashley and I have been jogging the past couple days. In the forest in the snow. Haven't gotten lost again. So beautiful!

Yesterday Chuck, Rita (T.A. from Portugal, really cool) and I saw Nanny McPhee. Way cool! The set was my favorite part. The colors and lights and all. I highly recommend the film. Afterwards we met up with Ashley and one of her teachers at Extrablatt, which is a cool cafe and was more packed than I had ever seen it! There weren't enough chairs so we were all taking turns sharing. lol. Then Mark and a friend met up with us as well. I was talking to the German teacher, who's been here 1.5 years. We know more people and have more activities than he! So we are taking him to Stammtisch on Tuesday. He needs to meet more people.

It was just so cool. We had people from the U.S., Canada, Portugal and Germany, going back and forth in various languages and the whole thing just seemed magical. I know, that sounds dumb, but you know how I get around people from different countries! It made me want to keep traveling the world and living in different cultures. I've heard you can do that if you teach English as a foreign language.

Tonight some of the teachers are making us another traditional German meal, which should be good. Chuck and I are celebrating Valentine's Day on Saturday, b/c Monday we're going to a soul club with his roomies, Tuesday is dance and Stammtisch, Wednesday is Irish Pub, Thursday we're having dinner and a movie at Jan's (since we can't make it tonight) and Friday he has a sleepover/lock-in with his 8th graders. Lol. Sometimes it amazes me how busy our schedules get!!

I have lots of studying and paper grading to do, so I will write again soon. Macht's gut!

1 comment:

Megan said...

hi kate...enjoy all of the crazy languages and cultures and fun!...ben was here in california for three weeks which was fun and now sadly he's back in cambridge...with the blizzard :)...miss you tons, will try to call tomorrow....HUUUUUUUGS!