Thursday, February 02, 2006

Down With the Dec

Wednesday I got my 11th graders to ban the Declaration of Independence. Sadly, I had just started on the Bible when the bell rang. Oh well, I'll try next week! I hope they do ban it, and then later I can tell them what they've banned and see their shocked and horrified faces. I like teaching. : )

It's still nice and cold here. What does above freezing feel like? At least we had some sun today!

Tomorrow I have a washing machine in our building for the first time in months. Unfortunately I don't have enough tokens to dry the clothes as well, but hey, I'll go with a real wash for once! I mean, I'm getting up way early to do it, but that's ok with me. Oh bless you washer from Heaven! hee hee. That is, assuming it works.

The fun part of the evening was when I went to take out my trash and then was stuck in the courtyard. The door going out can't be opened from outside and the rock I stuck in it slipped and shut, so I went to the door to go in, but somehow I couldn't get it to open. Oddly, there is no way out of the courtyard surrounded by buildings, so my choices were freeze in the dark with no coat until someone else came to take out trash which could take hours, or see if I could find a way in and out of the underground garage and walk around building, or knock on a first floor window of a complete stranger and beg them to open the door before I froze. I chose Option C. A bewildered man came to his window, peered at me oddly before deciding I wasn't some psycho and he could open his window, and I explained that I could not re-enter the building and would he be so kind? The nice gentleman did open the door for me, and I was once more in the nice, warm hallway. Ahhh, these adventures! I'm using a bigger rock next time.

I'm considering getting a toaster this weekend. I realized, when I was sick, that I lacked one. Hmmm. It sounds like such a luxury. The million dollar question is, where will I put it once I get it? Hee hee.

Ok, obviously I'm just wandering out loud so I'll come to a close. That's my life as of late. Studying, getting locked out in the cold and pondering the joys of a shiny silver toaster. I dream big. It's ok to be jealous.

1 comment:

The said...

Ahhh, a toaster... lovely toaster... Did you ever watch Disney's "The Brave Little Toaster"???