Sunday, February 05, 2006

Change of Plans

Chuck and I have called off the Ireland trip. I had to admit I just don't think I have the finances, sadly. With the loan collectors chomping at my heels and running out of money, I think we will stick to day trips closer to hear, maybe a weekend in Pisa if Chuck's friend Stefano doesn't mind some visitors. I'll have to put Ireland off for another time in life. I do want to see the Cliffs of Moher, but another time.

Last night I dreamt I was home, so it was a bit of surprise to wake up and find myself here. Val and I were hanging out at Dad's, and then poof! Here I was in my little cell in Germany again. Always an odd feeling, waking up half-way around the world from where you thought you were.

I wanted to go to a movie today, but I think I'll be spending the day studying, instead. Us overachievers get a bit silly sometimes, I guess. However, I really, really don't want to read the chapter in my book about the organ trade in third world countries. Makes me a bit squeamish. Might have to do something I almost never do and just skim parts and make up an analysis. Big fat ew!

And if I get my studying done, I can read one of the five books I'm currently reading for fun! Wow, I sound a bit like a nerd, huh? : )

No comments: