Thursday, February 23, 2006

Cold Again

The Spring-like weather we'd been enjoying has sadly departed and it is winter again. It snowed today but only tiny little spittles that didn't stick.

Things are going well. I had some good lessons yesterday. I was a sub for a double hour and that was a bit dull, but then I had a 12th class that usually does not behave for the teacher, but I discussed the first chapter of this interesting book they're reading, and they were great. They were quiet, paid attention, answered questions. It was amazing. I'd never seen them like that before. Plus it was just really cool, because I like talking about literature.

Then I was supposed to take over the principal's class today, only when I got there, no one was there. Turns out they had a field trip today that neither of us knew about. lol. I tell you, German schools don't know the first thing about organization and getting the word out to teachers/students. Where are the announcements and school newsletters?

Most of the TAs are leaving for a week or so due to Fasching holidays. We only have Monday and Tuesday off, but still. I think Chuck and I will go to Mainz on Monday b/c it is supposed to be crazy with parades and a full city of Fasching madness. Plus it's not far from here.

This week has been quieter than last. I'm ready for Spring!!! And it's just over 4 months until I am home again.

No comments: