Sunday, May 21, 2006

Brunettes Have More Fun

I know, I haven't updated in awhile, sorry! Thanks for encouraging me, my dear Meegan.

This weekend was good. Yesterday I met Koto in Mannheim and we walked around a bit and it rained. Nice city. No real Altstadt. I think perhaps it was destroyed in the war. But a very nice Wasserturm with surrounding gardens that were gorgeous. Lots of old churches intact. But the city center is all laid out grid-like with numbers instead of street names. Very odd. And practical. Those practical Germans!

Then we came back and went out to the Irish Pub way late with lots of people. Ren is back in town for a few days, which is great!

This morning Koto dyed my hair a darker brown and I'm crazy about it. Who says blondes have more fun? Pshaw! : P

Sadly I had to put Miss Koto back on a train and send her away. Perhaps I'll make it to Frankfurt in the next 7 weeks and see her again.

Mark and I are planning on hitting Tueb the first week of June. I'm so psyched!

I'm still getting over this darn stomach bug I've had for over a week now. Sheesh.

And the weather has gotten chilly again. Thank goodness I've not gotten rid of my coat. Ha! That was a joke! I found it hilarious. Like one would EVER get rid of a coat in Germany.

We did get a fabulous storm the other day with hail. Very rare here. I loved it.

It is staying light til 10 now. I love how long the days get here! One night I'm going to go to bed really way early so I can get up at 5 and see the sun rise. Or at least I keep telling myself that. We'll see if I really do it.

And finally no, I have not put the lovely and beautiful Bingen pics up yet. Yes, I am a lazy bum. But I will do it sometime.

I should be off to bed fairly soon. Am stehen auf ein bisschen frueh morgen. lol. I love butchering Deutsch. Sehr schoen. Freut mich.

Gute Nacht und macht gut, alle. : )

2 comments:

Megan said...

Thank you for the update kate :)...glad to hear things are going well...keep having fun, and darn it, us blondes to have fun!

Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»