Saturday, May 27, 2006

Three Counties in One Day

Yesterday was amazing! Christoph took Ashley and me on a trip around Saarland, a state next to us. We were traveling from 9 am to 9 pm. We went up north and saw a pretty lake (Bostal Lake), saw the Saar River Curve (Saarschleife) which was sooooo way gorgeous!, a reconstructed Roman Villa (Villa Borg) with lots of artifacts, a very large and intact Roman mosiac in Nennig, saw Saarlouis and Saarbruecken (both lovely), and we drove across the border into Luxembourg and France!!!! We were in THREE countries in one day! It was great. Ashley and I were quite excited. Sadly, it rained the entire day. But overall it was a wonderful trip and we saw tons. Very impressive.

Oh, and it was very cold as well. I was cold with my winter coat on. The weather for the next week also looks rainy with one or two days of relative warmth. Sigh. lol.

I think we're going to Trier today. I'm exhausted! lol. But it's better than sitting around doing nothing, and Trier has Roman ruins and is a very old city, and is supposed to be worth visiting. I'm not sure about the 2-hour train ride there and the same back.

Ok, so yesterday was great, the weather sucks, but things are good. Only 5 1/2 weeks!!!!!!! JUHU!

Hope you all are doing fabulous.

: )

2 comments:

Megan said...

sounds like fun...travel while you can :)

Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»