Friday, May 12, 2006

Distractions R Us

Hey there. So eating and sleeping are coming, slowly. I still feel quite heart broken. How sad is that? lol. Chuck went to Tuebingen this weekend, and I had really, really wanted to go with him, so I must admit that isn't helping. But my girlfriends and I had a girls' night last night with Gilmore, chocolate, nail polish, etc. It was great. I think that and the two glasses of wine I had helped me sleep a bit more. I still feel quite zombie-like, however.

But tomorrow morning early, me, Kate, Ashley and E are catching a train to the beautiful city of Bingen, where we will meet up with Jan and get to tour his lovely city and maybe go for a short ride on the Rhine. It is amazingly beautiful there. We'll go to a wine festival as well, b/c from now til September it's wine time, and we'll stay the night at his parents place before coming home on Sunday. I think next Friday we might take the day to go to Trier. It has Roman ruins and is supposed to be impressive as well, and is in my region. I am still trying to find someone to go to Tuebingen with me, b/c I would love to get down there.

Yesterday I saw some funny men dressed up as soccer balls (oh dear, I just wrote footballs and had to erase it, I have been here too long! lol.) for the Deutsche Telecom and I had to take a pic and will put it online. It's amazing how crazy about soccer the Germans are, especially having the World Cup in our town. It's madness.

The weather is fair. Just about 8 weeks til I come home. I already hear the pool calling to me. Kate, come get brown, you're too white b/c you've been in northern Europe for so long.......

Hope you all are well! : )

1 comment:

Megan said...

I'm jealous that you get to go to Trier...I wanted to get there but didn't make it...take lots of pictures! :)