Wednesday, May 24, 2006

The Magic Wand Of Warmness

All right now, this is enough! I got up and it was just above freezing, my heat was back on, I could see my breath outside, and I was back to wearing my winter coat. Does anyone else see the problem with this?

School (aka work) has been going well. Yesterday I felt like a real teacher, not just the fun TA. I am reading a 235 page book with my 12th graders in five weeks, assigning 50 pages/week and a paper every week. It's a lot and they looked at me like I was crazy and they didn't to do it, but they will. And they bought the books! Yay! It was challenging trying to motivate them and get them excited about the book. I've also been giving lessons about the Midwest recently, trying to dispel notions of it being the "fly-over" area as one of my teachers so affectionately refers to is as. lol.

The social life as of recently has been packed. It's great! Don't get me wrong, I'm still planning lessons and looking for a job and such, but it's getting down to countdown time, and so my group of friends here is trying to get lots of time in before we leave to our respective corners of the earth.

We have a long weekend coming up, with Thursday and Friday off. Dang. I am doing laundry tomorrow. Yay! And I think Friday Christoph will take me, Rita and Ashley around Saarland. And maybe we'll hit Trier on Saturday. We'll see.

So despite the cold and rain, life in Germany right now is pretty wonderful.

: )

2 comments:

Megan said...

If you would like I can bottle up some of our sunshine here and ship it over :)...good to hear everything is going well for you and can't wait to see you!

Anonymous said...

Amiable fill someone in on and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you as your information.