Monday, July 03, 2006

Darn Punctual and Efficient Germans

All right. So I planned on getting up at the butt crack of dawn to do some stuff since I was only supposed to have electricity until sometime between 10 and 12. Now, at home this would mean by 11:50 or so they would cut the power, however, not in Germany. No siree Bob. I slept in a bit late, got up at 8:30 and went into the bathroom and flipped the switch. Nothing. I tried again in my sleepy state. Hmm, that's odd. Yep, the Germans cut it way before they were supposed to.

My solution? Showering in the dark. Now, it would have been much more practical if I had a window in the bathroom. Lol. After awhile your eyes adjust and it's kinda fun. Maybe like camping or something. If I leave my bathroom door open and the curtains in my room open, just enough light seeps into the little bathroom and I can see a bit. Ahhhh, the joys of moving. : D

I had to sit on my suitcase to close it. Hmmm. Yep, that one's definitely over weight. Luckily E will be helping me with the carrying of the monster bags. And he's a dear b/c he's given me his room for the afternoon so I can actually get some things done, like the things I had planned on doing earlier when I was supposed to have electricity still. lol. Ok, ok, I'm complaining. Sorry. Am stopping right now.

So in 24 hours I'll be on my way home. Can't wait to see everyone. Am going to miss it here like mad. I expect way huge hugs when I get home. I'm taking Danny Tanner (Full House) hugs.

Hope everyone is well and I'll see you soon. Oh, my cell number is the same, so feel free to ring me as of Wednesday.

Mwa! : )

No comments: