Sunday, July 02, 2006

Packing. Grrr.









The pics: Me in the teachers' lounge, E and the boys, view from the teachers' lounge, my 12 LK, and E and I. : )

* * *

I did a trial run on the packing yesterday. Today I am starting over. lol. Hm.

I can't believe the games yesterday! France actually beat Brazil, and Portugal beat England! I thought both games would be just the opposite. However, I am a bit miffed by the way the referees didn't count the English goal during the shoot out. So dumb.

Last night we watched the first game at Thursty Nelly's, as usual, then E and his friends and I hit the Glockencafe for some typical yummy German food and watched the second game there. But we mostly talked, which was really great! Sometimes I feel a bit of a lack of intellectual stimulation, and it was great to have a real conversation. And the Dutch don't seem to attack the U.S. government like the Germans (sorry for the generalization, but it's usually true! you know I still love the Germans). It was really nice. E's friends are quite cool.

Today they are off to Bingen to take a Rhine River ride, and I am packing and cleaning. Tonight is dinner at Thomas's and then we are going out for drinks at the Pub, a sort of farewell. So sad!!! I'm also sad that Germany is playing the semi final on Tuesday when I'm traveling!!! Nooooooo!

No comments: