Thursday, June 26, 2008

I'm allergic to birch trees and sort of grass

I went back to get my allergy tests done today and it was an interesting experience. The lady drew 11 lines on my arm, 5 on one and 6 on the other. Then she placed drops in each section, then took 11 different little needles and stabbed each dot of liquid then told me to hold my arms steady for 10 minutes while the dots reacted with my skin. Nice. After a few minutes my left arm started to itch and one of the bumps swelled up and the skin around turned red. I took that to mean we had a match.

Finally they came back and cleaned me up and said I was definitely allergic to birch trees and that it appeared I was developing an allergy to grass and rye. Odd. They were quite pleased with themselves. I thought my arms looked rather odd. Luckily they wiped it all off before I went on my way. Would have been a bit strange to walk around like that.

I didn't watch the game today b/c I was over at Emma's. We finally got to catch up and I saw her picks from Connecticut and Rhode Island and it seems this Block Island on R.I. is an absolute paradise! It is now on my list of places to visit.

She also gave me some advice on teaching English and things to watch out for. Good to know. And she brought me back a girlie magazine from the U.S. b/c it had the girls from the Hills on it. Brilliant! Such love.

A good amount of my class was not there today, I am guessing because people partied into the night. Sunday will be the final against Spain. I know a lot of people are going to watch it at Heiligengeistfeld, but I think that will be too choatic for me. Hmmmm. And there is a jazz festival on Sunday and then Chris and Emma and I were thinking of biking across the river to the orchards and getting cherries. I have to remember to work on my papers somewhere in there. Riiiiiiight. Foreign policy of U.S. ....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...

good day friends. I'm actually into shoes and I have been looking as far as something that singular brand. The prices as regards the shoes are all over 180 pounds on every site. But finally I base this locate selling them someone is concerned half price. I really love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely purchase these. what is your opinion?