Sunday, June 29, 2008

Kiel

Yesterday Emma, Chris, Ryan and I went to Kiel. We missed the first train, waited an hour, caught the next one, and halfway there Ryan tells us he has a car we could have taken. If looks could kill, Emma's would have struck him down right then and there! It was hilarious. He said he likes the train rides, though. So of course we gave him crap about it all day.

Kiel is up north and another port. I thought it might be pretty, but it really just made Hamburg look all that better! When one leaves Hamburg, one is reminded by just how much money is in the city.

Of course the weather was cool and rainy, but we decided the heck with it, we would just take our crappy weather with us out of good old Hamburg.




We found a nice place to eat lunch and chill, and Ryan and Chris got out their umbrellas during the bouts of rain.


Our view of the parade of ships. The funny thing was that a lot of them had come up from Hamburg, so we had already seen them!


This is me by the harbor and a nice little sailboat.


I made the three of them stop and pose by the big anchor. At first they just looked at me like I was crazy, but then they obliged. Thanks guys!


Emma and my hang out for the afternoon, the traditional northern German beach baskets where you can enjoy the weather while being out of the elements, like wind and rain. Oh those clever Germans! We were, however, at a restaurant, but Emma and I curled up and pretended to be at a nice beach. It almost worked.


It was a late night, with us coming back to Hamburg, eating some delicious fajitas at Dos Amigos, and then heading over to St. Pauli and a few bars there.

Today Larissa and I are checking out the jazz festival in Planten und Blomen (of which we walked through last night and I had no idea the park was so big and had so many beautiful areas!). Then tonight it's The Big Game, that's right, Germany vs. Spain! Go Deutschland!

No comments: