Tuesday, June 17, 2008

In the quarter finals!

German beat Austria last night, 1-0. It was an exciting game! Now we are in the quarter finals. Oh yeah! Go Deutschland! : )

Megan is off to Ecuador today, to be a happy tourist, compete in an open-water swim, and see the Galapagos. I can't wait to see pictures!

The weather here is still cold and rainy and there are absolutely no complaints here!

My Referat (big fat presentation) yesterday went splendidly! I couldn't believe how smoothly it went. I'm really glad it's over. Now I can edit the first final paper I wrote, and start on the next two.

I've also started looking for jobs once I get back home. Call me crazy, but I'd love to do some kind of physical job, like working with dogs or painting houses or something. I know I'll spend so much time at the computer working on my thesis, that the idea of spending the entire day on the computer is less than exciting. Hmmmmm.

Congrats to Mary, who ran her first 5k this weekend! That's awesome!

: )

2 comments:

Mary said...

Have a great pic of Megan and I running, don't know how to post it, or if it is possible here. I got a text from her before the first flight saying she just learned it will take 4 flights rather than 3. Now I know her first flight landed in San Salvador, do not know where she goes from there. Call it mom anxiety!

Unknown said...

Hey, Mary, congrats on the 5K, you go girl!

Hey Kate, just under a month now!