Saturday, September 05, 2009

A broken sink and a new phone

Thursday we came home and our sink had broken a bit. The floor was started to get wet and we saw water slowly pouring out from the cabinet below the sink. We opened it and there was quite a bit of water sitting on the wooden shelf. I ran upstairs and got Mark and he determined some of the piping had been put together in a shoddy manner and he couldn´t fix it. We called the landlord, who said to put buckets underneath and he´d get a plumber for Saturday. Fun stuff.

Last night after a long week of school, we attempted to find this bar that has salsa dancing. We walked quite a bit and finally found it, but they were only playing some Reggaeton and some funny Spanish pop. And it was sort of an older person´s place...as in we were dancing next to a white-haired man on the dance floor who kept trying to join our group, and while trying to be polite and respectful, we slowly danced away. :)

This morning my lovely Spanish-speaking roomies helped me get a Spanish cell. If you need my number, it´s +34 689934973. It was 20 E, and is sooooooo cool. Has tons of cool features, etc. How is my cheap Spanish phone way cooler than my American one? AND, this country seems a bit more modern than Germany (I was shocked) when it comes to some conveniences (like goods you can purchase, choices, etc.). I would not have expected that. I was very pleasantly surprised.

We have lots of work to prepare for next week. So tomorrow it´s back to work. Less site-seeing that I´d expected for this weekend, but that´s ok.

1 comment:

Sam Ransom said...

Sounds like such an amazing time! and definately full of interesting events and surprises as usual for you!