Monday, September 21, 2009

Hot water! Yay!

We have hot water again! I’m so glad. I was thinking I would have to go the dreds route and have dirty hair and that might not have been very professional. After three days our landlord came over and figured out the problem with the propane and we can shower properly again! How luxurious.
Emma and Chris were in Spain this week and Friday evening they came down to Seville. We went out and spent awhile chatting at the Alameda. Saturday we played a bit of tourist, and Emma really wanted to shop, so we did a ton of that. Her reasoning was that Spain has more colorful, fun clothes than Germany. Fair enough. And I got to see their wedding video! Lovely.
Sunday morning we were planning to go to Malaga nice and early. I left the house at 6:50 AM and thought I’d get a bike and cycle there (Seville has that rental bike thing where you can get them all over town). It should have only taken 10 minutes, so I’d be quite early. But the funny thing with the roads in Seville is that there are almost no straight roads, and they twist and turn and are small and windy and sometimes you get a bit lost. I rode and rode and rode that bike for over half an hour. I tried to ask directions a few times, but there are not many people out and about in Spain at 7 AM on a Sunday. I finally made it to the station, about five minutes after my train left. I ran inside, frantically asked the ticket lady when the next train was. Four hours later. Chris and Emma had a plane to catch in the afternoon (hence the early trip), so I texted Emma, very sad and a bit defeated. I should have taken a taxi. It just seemed so extravagant! I thought surely I could find my way to the train station. Apparently not. Lesson learned. Had trouble finding my way home as well. Oh dear. I hope they had fun in Malaga, and I’m really sorry I couldn’t spend the day with them.
It’s the last week of class. I only have one day of teaching. A few assignments to turn in. And then it’s done. Wow. This month has flown by! We have to be out of the apartment by Saturday. Mark and I are looking for a place to rent for a month.
That’s the update for now. I’ll put pics up in a bit as well. :)

1 comment:

jenniebui said...

kate,

glad you have hot water now!
did you get the package?

Jennie