Saturday, February 27, 2010

Exploring the world of alternative medicine while speaking a foreign language

During the last part of my Spanish class on Thursday I started to lose my vision, which thoroughly unnerved me. So I walked home, despite my teacher's offer to walk me to a doctor or hospital. I made it home, laid down and closed my eyes. For the next hour or so my vision kept coming and going and I was scared so I called Mom. Ah my wonderful mother! While I was clueless, she, naturally, knew what was going on. She calmly told me to chill out, I was having a migraine, and to find a chiropractor. Now, I've not had a migraine in around 10-15 years, so I didn't think of that.

I checked online and pulled out my Spanish Yellow Pages. In all of the metro that is Seville, I found THREE chiros. Seriously? I found the nearest one, called, and lo and behold the Spanish just came pouring out of me! It was amazing! I had no idea I could speak like that, but I guess that whole necessity thing came into play.

What a fabulous visit! I felt soooo much better after seeing her. This woman who worked on me for quite a long time and just kept speaking Spanish to me. It was like my very own intensive class while visiting the dr! lol.

In other news, it's STILL raining. Sheesh. Really makes drying my laundry a pain. :)

No comments: