Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Triumph!

My Spanish class ended today. I passed the exam! We went out for coffee and chatting to end the course, quite nice. I've been seriously debating whether or not to take the next course. Today I spoke with a lady at the school and asked her if it would be possible to skip the next course and do the one above that. I think it would be more challenging. She said I could try it tomorrow morning if I wanted because it started yesterday. So I went out and got the book for the last class and have been skimming it today in between my own classes. I think within a week I can be caught up and hopefully the teacher will let me stay!

After my last class tonight, as I was leaving, my boys' father asked me if I knew the forecast for the weekend. I sighed, then in Spanish said it was supposed to rain all weekend, but it didn't matter because I have a new Spanish class and I need to study anyway and I will be in my house most of the time. He just stared at me wide-eyed. Then he goes, "your Spanish has really improved! And your accent is really good!" At this point I was grinning wildly. So then he says, "but of course, it's not perfect". LOL. Of course. I just laughed. It was great because he was obviously stunned. I wished him a good weekend (in Spanish) and left smiling.

I'm excited about my class tomorrow! :)

No comments: